Musings From Morton

Call this a spot to just put stuff I find and thoughts that I have. Who knows who will visit but in the end the site isn't here to get visitors but to just put... stuff.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

In the beginning....

In the last few months I've started getting into the blog scene. It started out just looking at what others had to say on Peoria area television. I commented here and there but mostly lurked but now it is time to sort of de-lurk and post some of my thoughts.

As I mention in my title my site isn't really here to have people visit it. Everything found here is my opinion and just that. If you are visiting and disagree so be it. Post a comment and we will go from there.

Briefly about myself... I used to work in Peoria television long ago (10 years total). I'm not originally from around here but consider the Peoria area my home now. Why did I leave television? Partially I saw the writing on the wall in the changes in how television works. Partially because I had done everything I was ever going to get to do in the Peoria market. Long before I had the opportunity to move to bigger markets but after meeting my wife we decided that Peoria would be our home. The final decision was that when the opportunity to jump to real hours, real pay, and the ability to move up a ladder came I would take it. I made that jump and haven't regretted it since. I still keep my hands in television doing freelance work for regional sports broadcasts usually "in the truck". I miss running the hand held camera but while not that old I'm happy to leave the sore shoulders to the younger guys and gals.

Finally For the time being I remain anonymous. Not that I have problems letting people know who I am (those who know me probably can figure it out via the comments above) I have to admit that there is a fear that if I comment on something my current employer doesn't agree with they could send me packing. I will however never comment on my employer or their policies since that is just asking for trouble. In fact I will do everything in my power to dodge anything that may remotely cross their path. I don't really think they are patrolling the web looking for people like me. I just prefer to be safe since you never know how people will fall into a website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home